- Modified: New DMI spec.
- Fixed: Cannot use the touchpad to change the F10/F11 overlay status.
- The BIOS update will force the computer to shut down or restart. Please make sure to save all work in progress before starting BIOS updates.
- Power on the computer if it is off.
- While the "Toshiba" LOGO is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
- Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
- Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.
About BIOS Update Utility:
Applying a new BIOS version can bring various fixes, add new features, or improve existing ones; however, this action is very risky and should be carefully carried out in a steady power environment (such as the one ensured by a UPS unit), and only when it is really needed.
Moreover, it is recommended that the BIOS be upgraded by someone who has the ability to use advanced system features. It can also be fulfilled by a regular user as well, but at their own risk.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is a highly important piece of software that loads the currently installed operating system and tests all hardware components – so make sure you flash it correctly.
When it comes to changing the BIOS version, the update utility searches for a compatible package in any given location or on the web and, if found, it will automatically install the desired build, if and when your approval is given.
Do take into account that failing to perform the installation could seriously damage your system, and the faulty BIOS might even render it unusable.
Therefore, if you intend to upgrade your BIOS, hit the download button, get and install the package, and run the utility to check if a newer version is available. Don't forget to check with our website as often as possible to be up to date with the latest releases.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.